Valentines day is the worst, isn’t it? I am not even sure why certain things are expected. Wishing for rose pedals and candle light is only going to lead you down the path of disappointment and despair. Your ideas for this dumb day should be managed. I would be stoked on homemade mac n cheese – but only if that included bacon. You really have to get your priorities in check when it comes to such important matters. Cheese always is a good idea.
What if you are newly dating? What if they hate chocolate? What if they are really into Nicolas Sparks shit?
1.) Break up with them 2.) EAT all the chocolate your damn self.
Another thing I do not appreciate is the “my boyfriend is the BESTEST EVARRR” social media posts. No one cares and I heard he smells.
Have no fear friends – I am here with an Anti-Valentines playlist to sooth your soul. Fuck that mushy I wanna hold your hands while riding a unicorn music.
Here at Bittersweet Susie we solute the pain, regret, sadness, anger, revenge, and relief.
I am here – this too shall pass.
- The Clash – Train in Vain
- Lee Dorsey – Get Out Of My Life Woman
- Cake – I Will Survive
- Dion & The Belmonts – The Wanderer
- Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds
- Frank Turner – Substitute
- J. Geils Band – Love Stinks
- La Roux – Bulletproof
- Patsy Cline – Seven Lonely Days
- Otis Redding – It’s Too Late
- Me First and the Gimme Gimmes – Ain’t No Sunshine
- The Human League – Don’t You Want Me – 2002 – Remaster
- Soft Cell – Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go – Extended Version
- Waylon Jennings – (That’s What You Get) For Lovin’ Me
- The Rolling Stones – I’m Free
- Buzzcocks – Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t’ve)
- The Cure – Pictures Of You
- Fats Domino – I Hear You Knocking – 2002 Digital Remaster
- Nancy Sinatra – There Ain’t No Way
- Brook Benton – The Intoxicated Rat
- Ben Folds – You Don’t Know Me (featuring Regina Spektor) – Explicit Album Version
- Liz Phair – Fuck And Run
- Gladys Knight & The Pips – I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- ? And The Mysterians – 96 Tears
- Red Sovine – Why Baby Why – Single Version
- Bob Dylan – Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
- The Postal Service – Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Ray Charles – Hit The Road Jack
- Genesis – That’s All
- Rilo Kiley – Breakin’ Up
- The Ting Tings – Shut Up and Let Me Go
- Marty Robbins – You Only Want Me When You’re Lonely
- Roger Miller – I’ve Been A Long Time Leavin’ (But I’ll Be A Long Time Gone)
- Bessie Smith – Me and My Gin
- Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five – Is You Is Or Is You Ain’t (My Baby) – 1943 Single Version
- Wynonie Harris – Bad News Baby
- Johnny Otis – Livin’ in Misery
- George Jones – Too Much Water
- Amos Milburn – I Done Done It
- Big Mama Thornton – I Smell a Rat
- 2gether – The Hardest Part Of Breaking Up (Is Getting Back Your Stuff)
Vinyl Wednesday will return next week! I have a good one for you friends!
- • Send me your anti-love anthems
- • What dessert are you making for yourself?
Thanks for coming by – don’t forget to subscribe or add me to your fave reader – I just wanna be FRIENDS!