I had not realized how long it has been since my last post. I have so much to tell you, maybe.
I have been on some adventures since we last spoke. I hope I can remember all the details in my advancing age long enough to tell you the details. I cannot make you any promises.
I got to go to Maui with my folks in March. It was swell and I miss it so.
Thoughts on my vacation:
It mostly rained.
I read 3 books.
Maui smells better than any other place on earth.
I love all things coconut. Mumus are the greatest fashion invention EVER.
I wish I was going back tomorrow.
Double Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pancakes – I ATE IT ALL
Vintage Surfer Chicks
We found the ONLY yarn on the island – Maui yarns.
I made you a mix – maybe we can listen to it together and wish ourselves there.
- Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys – Beneath Hawaiian Palms
- Felix Mendelssohn & His Hawaiian Serenaders – My Little Grass Shack
- Tau Moe – Hilo Hattie
- Andy Cummings – Get Hep To Swing
- Andy Iona & His Islanders – Maui Girl
- Bing Crosby – A Palace in Paradise
- Dick McIntire & His Harmony Hawaiians – Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu_Wai
- Buddy Fo And The Invitations – Malia My Tita
- Felix Mendelssohn And His Hawaiian Serenaders – I Got Rhythm
- Elvis Presley – Blue Hawaii
- Hoot Gibson – Mai Givee (Don’t Give It Away)
- Jimmie Rodgers – Everybody Does It in Hawaii
- The Kahalas – Hawaiian Twist
- Alfred Apaka – Princess Poo-Poo-ly Has Plenty Papaya
- Kilima Hawaiians – Hula Rhythme
- Mel Peterson – E Naughty Naughty Mai Nei
- Lena Machado – Ho’onanea – 1935
- Bernie Kaai And His Hawaiians – Steel Guitar Boogie
- Louis Armstrong – To You, Sweetheart, Aloha
- Linda Dela Cruz – Ke ‘Ala Ka’u I Honi
- Georgia Jumpers – Ukulele Benny
- Hilo Hattie – When Hilo Hattie Does the Hilo Hop
- Mel Peterson – You’re At a Luau Now
- Randy Oness’ Select Hawaiian Serenaders – My Honolulu Tomboy
- Roy Smeck – Bugle Call Rag
- Louis Armstrong – On a Cononut Island
- The Surfers – Mauna Wili Hula
- Arthur Lyman – Hiilawe
- Elvis Presley – Hawaiian Sunset
- The Royal Hawaiian Serenaders – I’ll Weave a Lei of Stars for You
• Favorite tropical tune?
• Favorite coconut product or recipe?
• Go to Maui with me – How does next week work for you?