Hey Friends! We have a GUEST POST today!!!
I know a lot of you are getting ready for VIVA – Millions of outfit changes, training for those all night record hops, conditioning your livers for the WORST! My rad pal Sonia has crafted a handy little guide of things learned from last year’s trip out there.
Heed the warnings people, she know’s what she is talking about!
Hiya beautiful Viva Las Vegas Festival goers! I have a few lessons learned and tips that I (and 3 of my lovely friends) collected last year that I want to share with you to make sure that you all have the best time at this year’s event.
1. If you’re gonna drink, get drunk. If you drink too little, you’re just going to get annoyed at everyone and everything around you. If you drink too much, you might just end up with a friend under one arm dragging you along with your shoes in one hand. No shoes? Not cool. Stay classy!
2. Don’t take a nap unless you set an alarm. You will most likely miss the dance class you were going to attend, or a band you oh so wanted to see.
3. Bring one (maternity) outfit for the bloats, or you’ll feel like you’re wearing pants to the prom. There’s lots of drinking, eating, and other bloat inducing shenanigans (2 hours of sleep, maybe?). Bring a stretchy waist dress (for the ladies), and pants a size too big (for the men), because going to the ballroom in your stretchy waist pajamas is just embarrassing.
4. On finding your viva boyfriend/girlfriend. You can’t force the extremely short term relationship! Get it while it’s hot, and move onto the next super hot rockabilly distraction, just in the same way he/she will move on. Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Let it go. P.S. Boys, kissy noises as we ladies walk by does NOT turn us on. You’re pushing us away. Quit it.
5. Keep it together and stay up ALL night. Ladies., make sure your lipstick is in place and not smudged across your face from the last sloppy kiss you may have received during a dip on the last note of a swinging rock song. ‘Get it together! You’re drunk. I’m taking you to bed,’ a friend told me at a previous festival. There was no way I was going to bed at midnight. It’s only one weekend of your life. Party it up and save sleep for home, where it belongs.
(Like me at http://www.facebook.com/DottieQuantumFans for upcoming exciting news!)
• Are you going to VIVA?
• How many outfits are you bringing?
• Favorite band that’s playing?
• Do you wanna hang out with me there? (SAY YES)