RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns
Friday friday SPPOOOOOKY Friday. One more week until Halloween friends. Over here in casa de bitter I have been hard at work on Christmas projects.
CHRISTMAS PROJECTS! Bleh! It is so horrible and I almost completely skipped over Halloween.
Don’t fret though, I still made you a brand new Halloween Playlist!
Remember last year’s playlist? You can find it here! Play them back to back, on repeat, for all your Halloween activities. It makes great pumpkin carving music. Confuse your trick or treaters by playing weird 1960s monster tunes. THE FUN NEVER ENDS.
Bittersween Susie – Halloween 2014
- The Keytones – I Was A Teenage Monster
- Billy Taylor – Wombie Zombie
- The Duponts – Screamin’ Ball (At Dracula Hall)
- Bo Diddley – Bo Meets The Monster
- Lorry & The Biters – Frankenstein Stomp
- Carl Bonafede – Werewolf
- Tyrone A’Saurus – The Monster Twist
- Dave Gardner – Mad Witch
- The Grim Reapers – Two Souls
- Terry Gale – The Voodoo
- Ervinna & The Stylers – Witch Queen Of New Orleans
- Betty Lavett – Witchcraft In The Air
- The Circus – Burn Witch Burn
- Miss L. L.Louise Lewis – Monster’s Bride
- Larry & The Blue Notes – Night Of The Phantom
- Richard Rome – Ghost A Go Go
- Leroy Bowman – Graveyard
- Hollywood Flames – Frankenstein’s Den
- The Fabulous Imperials – Moon Beat
- Screaming Lord Sutch – Jack the Ripper
- Howlin’ Wolf – Howlin’ For My Baby
- Carl Perkins – Put Your Cat Clothes On
- Virgil Holmes – Ghost Train
- Elroy Dietzel And The Rhythm Bandits – Rock ‘n’ Bones
- Bobby “Boris” Pickett – Skully Gully
There are also some very SCARY activities you still have time to enjoy *(if you live in the greater Los Angeles area but I am sure there are similar happenings wherever you are)
My favorite on the list is the Anaheim Halloween Parade!
This is like one amazing art piece and the parade has been going strong since 1924. This takes place on Saturday Oct 25th. This is a DO NOT MISS plus I will be there and you can come eat snacks with me!
There is also RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns – this is at Descanso Gardens here in LA – and also in New York! Oooh Fancy!
RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns – RAWWRRRRRR
Descanso Gardens is magical on an ordinary day but it’s really amazing during this event. I totally am going to steal some of those ideas for our Halloween display.
RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns – This reminds me of Ray Bradbury’s Halloween Tree
The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride
is a classic October event. I am a super scary cat and I went to this!
I did have a gaggle of the raddest people to hold my hand and I took FULL advantage of that!
My Friend Technicolor Cutie and I are coming up with a helpful list for the hay riders next year:
They include boots and a flask!!
SINCE it is a FUCK YEA friday post we NEED some creepy vids to get you through this friday and on into your weekend.
Have a happy Halloween my friends! You should totally trick or treat at my parents house this year. They pass out the GOOD candy!
• What are your favorite Halloween activities?
• Do you have your costume nailed down yet?
• Would you hold my hand on a haunted hayride?