I bet you all thought I forgot about that Thanksgiving playlist! Well, I did. I made one and played it at a friend’s harvest party but forgot to share it with all my internet frands.
I also forgot to invite you to my friend’s harvest party.
YAY that song gets me pumped (that is until the closing credits song starts – you know which one I am talking about)
But HERE IT IS. The theme this year is FOOD. Just ALL THE FOOD I am gonna shove in my face tomorrow. While Turkey is the tradition for most family meals I am sure there are some awesome traditions out there that buck the norm and said “FUCK YOU – WE’RE HAVING CHILI!”
- Ambrose – Ma, I Miss Your Apple Pie
- Amos Milburn – Chicken-Shack Boogie
- The Andrews Sisters – One Meat Ball
- Bessie Smith – Kitchen Man
- Blind Boy Fuller – Sweet Honey Hole
- Bob Hope – Home Cookin’
- Carl Perkins – Dixie Fried
- The Charts – For the Birds
- Daniel Brown – Candied Yams
- Earthworms – Mo’ Taters
- Elsie Carlisle – Please Leave My Butter Alone
- The Fabulous Tempoes – Nut Sundae
- Felix & His Guitar – Chili Beans
- Glenn Miller – Let’s Have Another Cup of Coffee
- Harry Roy And His Band – When Can I Have a Banana Again?
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars – Home Cookin’
- Lonnie Johnson – Jelly Roll Baker
- Louis Armstrong & His Hot Seven – Potato Head Blues
- Merrill E. Moore – Buttermilk Baby
- The Mills Brothers – Autumn Leaves
- Peg Leg Howell – Broke and Hungry Blues
- Roosevelt Sykes – Bread Pan
- The Sandabs – Crab Louie
For those who prefer a Friendsgiving over the family meal – to avoid listening to your Aunt ask you for the millionth time why aren’t you married this clip is for you!
Cheers to those celebrations – and can I be invited next year?